We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our clients where they want to be. We have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality, service delivering commercial and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a general litigation Solicitor within our Dispute Resolution department based in the Glasgow office. Our ideal candidate, from NQ – PQ1, will have some previous experience in general commercial litigation disputes throughout their traineeship or into post-qualification.
You will be responsible for:
- Acting on behalf of clients in the resolution of (primarily) disputes, including conducting adjudication referrals, cases in the Sheriff Court, Court of Session, and through alternative dispute resolution methods
- Taking statements, attending consultations, drafting pleadings, instructing expert witnesses, appearing in the Sheriff Court and preparing cases for proofs/debates
- Providing clear practical and commercial advice to clients
- Actively participating in business development opportunities
- Working with other team members in areas of work such as commercial, contractual, contentious construction, property disputes and defending debt recovery work
What you'll need to succeed:
- A good broad-based legal knowledge and experience in conducting or assisting with disputes
- Ability to meet agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of key financial issues relevant to your role
- A good understanding of Court and ADR procedures and a strong desire to build and develop your skills and practice in these areas
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong time management and organisational skills to maximise the profitability of your work
- Drive to develop your client relationship and client care skills
- Be committed to your personal development and the development of technical skills and know-how
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a salary which is competitive in the market as well as an excellent benefits package, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders and build your career in a dynamic and energetic environment. There are excellent prospects for progression within this role and within the firm as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and current salary level.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce.