We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our clients where they want to be. We have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality, service delivering commercial and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
Anderson Strathern’s HR Plus service is a client focused service launched in March 2018. Based within our Employment team, our HR Business Partner attends client sites to provide a suite of HR services such as: investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings, absence management meetings, consultation exercises and general HR work on an as required basis. The service is used by clients who perhaps don’t have in house HR support; may require an external independent investigation or whose HR team require additional support during a busy period.
The service is very popular and we are recruiting an additional HR Business Partner (Advisor Level part-time) to meet client demand. The role will be varied and you will be assisting clients ranging from larger industrial clients, colleges and universities to small businesses with a handful of employees. You will also play a key part in business development activities, helping to grow the business in this exciting early stage.
Initially the role available is for three days a week but, subject to your availability, further days or hours may be available as the business grows.
The role can also be based from either our Glasgow or Edinburgh office. You will work closely with our employment lawyers and, where appropriate, other colleagues in our full service law firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Attending client sites to conduct investigations and hearings, including disciplinary, grievance, absence and performance management.
- Preparing witness statements, investigation reports and correspondence.
- Assisting clients with particular HR projects including TUPE transfers, restructuring exercises and employee engagement activities.
- Taking guidance from our employment lawyers to manage and mitigate risks for clients.
- Actively assisting in growing the business through networking and other business activities such as postings on LinkedIn, researching and approaching target clients and promoting the service to your existing contacts and existing clients of the firm.
- Identify and managing risk effectively for the client and for the firm.
- Meeting reasonable fee targets.
What you'll need to succeed
- Solid HR expertise and experience
- Ability to handle difficult people and situations successfully
- Excellent communication
- Good IT skills
- Enthusiasm and initiative
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, Cover Letter and current salary level.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce.