We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our clients where they want to be. We have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality, service delivering commercial and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
This is an exciting and varied new role where you will make good use of your advanced Word and Excel skills to produce and format complex legal documents and professional client reports while providing PA support.
You will be responsible for
- Formatting complex legal documents in our house style
- Working with fee earners to produce accurate and professionally presented client reports using Excel
- Contributing to financial performance by proactively working with fee earners to manage their matter balances
- Managing the team’s billing process
- Drafting general documents and correspondence
- Opening of new clients and matters including carrying out anti-money laundering checks
- Audio and copy typing accurately and efficiently
- Ordering searches, drafting and completing online registration forms and collating offers
- Diary management for fee earners/partners including organising meetings, conference calls, booking travel and accommodation
- Receiving and taking telephone messages and calls and relaying information quickly and accurately
- General administrative tasks including filing, scanning and printing
What you'll need to succeed
- While previous legal experience is advantageous, this role would be suitable for a technically capable PA looking to move into the legal sector
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently using your initiative and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and motivation to continue learning
- Advanced MS Office, particularly formatting in Word and Excel
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a salary which is competitive in the market as well as an excellent benefits package, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders and build your career in a dynamic and energetic environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and current salary level.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce.