Anderson Strathern is one of Scotland’s leading law firms and is well known for its commercial property practice. We provide mainstream advice to a wide range of clients including developers, retailers, hotel and leisure operators, institutional investors, universities and educational providers, charities and engage in cross border work and corporate support work.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Paralegal to join our Commercial Real Estate Department in the Edinburgh office. You will supporting 2 Partners and their team servicing some of our major clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the team on a range of general commercial property transactions.
- Supporting the team in producing and managing client reports.
- Dealing with leasing work acting for both landlords and tenants, purchase and sale in commercial property.
- Providing property support for corporate acquisitions and tenders.
- Assisting in commercial purchase and sale transactions including portfolio transactions and cross-border transactions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Paralegal role with a genuine interest in pursuing a long-term career as Paralegal in this area.
- Have an interest and experience in commercial property law.
- Ability to meet agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of key financial issues relevant to your role.
- Ability to monitor and adjust priorities on an on-going basis whilst managing tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently using your initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to be risk conscious, identifying and managing risk in your work.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop your client relationship and client care skills.
- Motivation and willingness to continue learning.
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft packages). Experience using Imanage and Visualfiles is desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a salary which is competitive in the market as well as an excellent benefits package, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders and build your career in a dynamic and energetic environment. There are excellent prospects for progression within this role and within the firm as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, Cover Letter and current salary.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce.