We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our clients where they want to be. We have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality, service delivering commercial and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
Anderson Strathern is well known for its commercial property practice. We provide mainstream advice to a wide range of clients including developers, retailers, hotel and leisure operators, institutional investors, universities and educational providers, charities and engage in cross-border work and corporate support work.
We seek a dual or English qualified Solicitor to join our Commercial Real Estate Department in the Edinburgh office.
You will be responsible for
- Involvement in land acquisition transactions for a variety of developers
- Deal with leasing work acting for both landlords and tenants, day to day management of office premises, agreements for leases for new build premises and assignations and sub-letting
- Property finance and secured lending for high value commercial and residential properties
- Advice in connection with town centre re-development
- Provide property support for corporate acquisitions and tenders
- Letting and other asset management work on shopping centres
- Urban redevelopment projects
- Buying, selling and re-financing commercial property assets
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor (dual qualified or England & Wales only) with at least 2 years PQE, committed to a career in commercial property law
- Strong client relationship and client care skills while delivering high quality advice
- An active interest in business development to gain new clients and growing your own case load
- Able to identify and manage risk effectively in your work
- Good interpersonal skills and self-confident
- Meet agreed fee earning targets and agreed goals
- Manage resources and time recording processes effectively to maximise the profitability of your work and develop organisational skills
- Represent Anderson Strathern and manage client and referral relationships to develop business for the firm