We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our clients where they want to be. We have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality, service delivering commercial and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
Anderson Strathern is well known for its Private Client practice. We seek a Tax Assistant to join the Tax team to provide a highly effective compliance service to clients, and assist partners and other staff with tax planning and advisory work. All members of the tax team have direct involvement with clients and support each other as well as other departments of the firm. This is a part-time position and hours of work are flexible but ideally 3 days per week (21 hours).
You will be responsible for
- Handle a substantial tax compliance workload including self-assessment individuals, executries, trusts, partnerships and tax repayment claims, seeking technical support when required.
- Work effectively as part of the tax team, assisting with advisory and tax planning work.
- Demonstrate comprehensive and dependable skills across the range of work you do.
- Delivering on financial targets and agreed goals, appreciating the various demands of the firm and clients and the requirement to deliver cost effective work across all teams and departments.
- Over time, enhance technical skills through training and experience to develop areas of specialisation in line with Anderson Strathern’s business plan.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 2 years’ of tax experience, ideally obtained within the legal sector or in a professional services environment.
- Strong IT skills across Microsoft packages. Experience using CCH Personal Tax Software is desirable.
- Ability to provide a high level of client service in all work undertaken, maintaining the confidentiality of client and firm information within the department.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within Anderson Strathern and externally by using professional, proactive and positive communication with colleagues and third partiesand listening and responding to concerns of partners, staff and clients.
- Ability to gain the respect of clients, referral sources, partners and other professionals.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a salary which is competitive in the market. As well as an excellent benefits package, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders and build your career in a dynamic and energetic environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward your up-to-date CV and current salary level to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the vacancy number 296 in the subject.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce.