10am to 11:30am 30th May 2018
On 25 May 2018, all data controllers and data processors will have to comply with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the new Data Protection Act 2018.
Failure to do so could result in significant financial penalties. A new ePrivacy Regulation is also due to come into effect later in 2018, replacing the existing Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
On 30 May 2018 Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce are hosting a seminar, together with leading law firm Anderson Strathern, to help organisations with their GDPR compliance efforts.
Has the dust settled? Is your organisation GDPR compliant? Is any?
This seminar will be an opportunity for you to learn more about the GDPR and the proposed new ePrivacy Regulation, to help prepare for implementation of the new laws, to provide an opportunity to discuss issues with a range of other professionals and to ask questions of Anderson Strathern’s expert panel.
Topics to be covered include:
- The GDPR principles and conditions for lawful processing
- Changes to consent requirements and legitimate interest provisions
- Data transfers and new duties for data processors
- New rights for individuals including the right to erasure and data portability
- The proposed new ePrivacy Regulation and its implications for email Marketing
- Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and the EU’s Article 29 Working Party
- The ICO’s attitude to enforcement
To book your place on this seminar, please click here