Ensuring data protection compliance and information governance is crucial for every organisation. Failure to understand and comply with the legislative framework for data protection could have serious financial and reputational consequences.
Ensuring data protection compliance and information governance is crucial for every organisation. The new regime under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has a significant impact on how organisations manage personal data, and the penalties if things go wrong. Changes include:
- Strengthened and new rights for individuals, including changes to consent
- Mandatory breach notification (72 hours)
- Responsibility of data processors and duties of Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Penalties – €20 million/ 4% annual turnover
Failure to understand and comply with data protection law could have serious financial and reputational consequences.
How can we help?
Our specialist Data Protection Team has real expertise in every aspect of this complex area of law. We work with a wide range of commercial businesses, public bodies and institutions on data protection compliance.
We can advise and provide training on compliance with every aspect of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR, including:
- Data Protection Audits, Policies and Procedures
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information;
- The individual’s rights (including Subject Access Requests)
- Data Protection in the public sector
- Data Protection in the workplace / HR context
- Data Breach Management
- Data Security
- Data Sharing and Data Transfers
- Advising on data security, data breach management, mitigation, notification and remedial action
- Drafting and negotiating data sharing and data processing agreements